SHIFT is an integrated platform service for face-to-face/non-face global networking management using mobile business cards.
Using templates, anyone can easily create their own business cards.
It is a global solution that uses it to form and manage face-to-face and non-face-to-face connections.
Real-time information provides the fastest and most accurate networking information.
SHIFT can communicate with my network anytime, anywhere.
Based on the notarized Career information, you can find a job or a job.
We want to help you promote your company and yourself globally.
The corporation (hereinafter referred to as the 'company') complies with the privacy regulations that are required to be complied with by ICT service providers pursuant to the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, the Privacy Act, the Telecommunications Secrets Protection Act, and the Telecommunications Business Act, and is committed to protecting users' rights and interests by setting personal information processing policies under the relevant statutes.
1. Items of personal information collected and methods of collection
A. Items of personal information collected
Based on the information entered by the members, the company collects the following information for membership, SHIFT service provision, and smooth customer consultation.
1) Required items
• Member's ID (e-mail), password
• Personal information, names, mobile phone numbers/emails, hobbies, credentials, experience, etc., personal information, contact information, history, etc. of the members and their connections
• Generated information in service use process, such as usage behavior, frequency of use, and connection index
• Operating system and hardware environmental information, such as OS version and device information
• Basic contents and uploaded information of enterprises using corporate services
• Profile photo, history information, homepage address, and other profile information and SNS information entered by the member.
• When linked to an external service account, the account information received by the external service, service use information and other personal information agreed to be provided by the member.
3) The following information can be generated and collected automatically when using the service.
• IP Address, cookies, device information, visit date, service use record, bad use record, etc.
4) The following information can be collected when it is inevitable for payment to be made in the process of using paid services.
B. How to collect personal information
The company collects personal information in the following ways:
1) Collects through voluntary service provision by the user while subscribing or using the service
2) In case a member logs in using the ID of Naver, Facebook, or Google according to the member's choice, the member's consent is obtained and collected by the company.
3) Business card information of another person acquired or held by the member
4) Provided by other affiliated external companies or organizations
2. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
A. Member Management
B. Providing SHIFT Service Functions
C. Charges are settled as a result of the implementation of the contract for service provision and the provision of paid services as needed.
D. Improve services and develop new services
E. Providing marketing and advertising information
3. Provide third party of personal information and entrust it to process
A. Disclosure of personal information
B. Provide a third party of personal information
1) Information that the member agrees to provide
• information provided by both sides as business cards are delivered
• Information provided by the recommended person, group person, business family person, etc.
2) In case there is a special regulation in the statute
C. Subcontracting of personal information
1) Amazon Web Service
|Name of trustee company||Amazon Web Service|
|Consignment work and purpose||Data archiving and system operation|
|Country of transfer of personal information||a foreign countries|
|Transferred personal information items||All personal information collected in the course of service delivery|
|Personal information transfer date||When to sign up for membership|
|Personal information transfer method||Keeping personal information in the AWS cloud computing environment|
|Personal information retention, period of use||Retention of members or storage until expiration of personal information.|
2) Other external trustees
|Name of trustee company||consignment content||Personal information retention and period of use|
|Nice Information Communication Co.||payment system||Upon withdrawal of a member or until termination of a consignment contract|
|udid Co.||payment system||Upon withdrawal of a member or until termination of a consignment contract|
4. Personal information retention and period of use
A. Keeping information based on the company's internal policy
B. Information retention under relevant statutes
When it is necessary to retain information for a certain period in accordance with the provisions of the relevant statutes, such as the Commercial Act, the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the company retains the information it keeps for a certain period of time, and the retention period is as follows.
• Keeping records on contracts or withdrawal of subscriptions: 5 years (Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
• Keeping records on payments and supply of goods: 5 years (Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
• Keeping records on consumer complaints or dispute handling: 3 years (Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
• Keeping records of identification: 6 months (Act on Promotion of Information Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.)
5. Reading, modifying, deleting, and stealing personal information
A. Request for personal information to be accessed and corrected.
B. Deletion of personal information (membership)
C. The theft of personal information
6. Disposal of personal information
A. Destruction procedure.
B. How to destroy
7. Members' rights and responsibilities
Along with the right to protect personal information, the members also have a duty to protect themselves and not to violate other people's information. Please be careful not to leak the members' personal information including passwords and do not damage other people's personal information, including postings.
The user himself is responsible for accidents caused by inaccurate information entered by the member. The members are obliged to enter their personal information accurately in the latest state to prevent accidents.
8. Technical/administrative protection measures for personal information
A. Countermeasures against hacking, etc.
B. Minimize and train treatment staff
C. Operation of the Personal Information Protection and Communications Organization
9. Contact information protection manager and person in charge
Personal Information Protection Officer
• Name : Kim Jun-gang
• Affiliation : JeJeComms Co.
• Position : CEO
• Tel : 031-754-8713
Person in charge of personal information management
• Name : Lee Ji-won
• Affiliation : JeJeComms Co.
• Position : Reseacher
• Tel : 031-754-8713
Personal Information Violation Reporting Center (www.118.or.kr / 118)
Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr / 02-580-0533~4)
High-tech Crime Investigation Division of the Supreme Prosecutors' Office (www.spo.go.kr / 02-3480-2000)
10. and more
11. Commitment to the High Level
Announcement date : 2019. 1. 29.